We are fundraising to make ballet accessible to all!
The Pennsylvania Academy of Ballet was founded in 1974. Twelve years after opening the PAB, the founders, Margarita and John White, established a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization called the Pennsylvania Academy of Ballet Society.
THE SOCIETY WAS ESTABLISHED IN 1986 WITH THE FOLLOWING MISSION
- To educate the general public on the art of ballet and dance
- To provide performing opportunities for talented dance students
- To assist career-oriented dancers to find professional artistic expression
- To promote professionalism, excellence, and inclusion in the art of classical dance
- To support PAB in providing the best possible ballet education to the widest possible audience
"We are so grateful for the PAB family and for everything you do to inspire our girls with passion for ballet." — Parent of a PAB student
"The instructors offer a perfect mix of encouragement and discipline. Thank you for all that you do!" — Parent of a PAB Pre-Ballet student
"My participation at PAB, for over 40 years, has always made me proud of the school. Your ability to adjust and be creative, when needed, continues to make PAB a wonderful place to come." — PAB Adult Ballet student
Every year, thousands of community members who might not otherwise have the opportunity to see a live ballet performance attend our Nutcracker which features our students dancing alongside professional guest artists. Recently, the performance has been livestreamed to every elementary school in the Upper Darby school district, as well.
If you prefer to donate by offline, please send your donation to PABS, 29 N. Narberth Avenue, Narberth, PA 19072.